Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Sister Joy





So time to brag about my little sister. First, God has blessed me with an amazing family, with wonderful sisters who are my best friends, and also wonderful sisters married into the family. Blessed beyond words.
My little sister, although I don't consider her little, is amazing. So many people ask me, are you close, and I say yes, super close!
We are so much alike, when I hear her talk, I think wow, we say the same things. And days when I am being silly, Brennan will look at me and say, wow and we wonder where Joy gets it?
I can talk to her forever on the phone, I can sit in her room to chat or we will watch Little House or I will fall asleep too early for her. She stays up way to late for me and I am old she says. She stays true to her name and is full of love for others. We can tell each other anything and be completely honest with our hearts. But the thing that amazes me day after day is her love for others. I always tell her she will be a missionary one day, and that I would love to serve alongside her. She is beautiful inside and out. She is the babysitting queen and always seems to be taking great care of the kids, loving them as her very own. She cares for others in ways Jesus commands us to love and care.
I told her about my Cambodia trip coming up and what did she decide to do?
She decided she needed to do a garage sale to raise funds so that she could buy supplies for all the girls living in safe houses in Cambodia. So that is just what she is doing this weekend with her friends. Wow, amazing girl. And my mom and other sisters are jumping right in and they are tackling an entire list of supplies for our trip. They are all such servants and I love them dearly!
Proud of my little sister Joy and I know Jesus is as well!
Keep loving people sis, keep serving them with all your heart and telling them about the Good News of our King!

No comments: