Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Monday, May 2, 2011

Ezekiel 18:21-23

But suppose the wicked stop doing all the sins they have done and obey all my rules and do what is fair and right. Then they will surely live; they will not die. Their sins will be forgotten. Because they have done what is right, they will live.
I do not really want the wicked to die, says the Lord God. I want them to stop their bad ways and live.

Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. If you do this, you will be true children of your Father in Heaven.


I am thankful for Scriptures God gives us. I am thankful that I am not the one who decides who gets grace and who doesn't. I am thankful for our troops and their families, who have given up so much for my freedom.
But I am grieved by all the deaths and wars. I am grieved that people are rejoicing and happy over the death of one man. Something is wrong here. And something my husband brought up this morning cannot leave my heart: Americans rejoiced over the death of one man yesterday, and yet numerous orphans died alone yesterday, and many seem not to care.
Something is not right.....

No comments: