Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Monday, May 9, 2011

My Little Girl is 4!


Today is Lyndlee's birthday. She is such a sweet precious girl. Right when she woke up I sang happy birthday to her and she said, oh, thank you mom! She has such a sweet kind heart. Sure, she has her moments where she throws fits and acts horrible but she seriously has such a kind heart. I am babysitting kids today so at lunch Lyndlee got a brownie with 4 candles and we all sang happy birthday to her. She was so excited, I love that about her; that the most simple things can make her day.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about her sweet birth mom Li-Sywe. She carried Lyndlee and loved her for so many months. She chose to give her life in a country where the abortion rates are high. I can't imagine how hard it was for her to decide to give her up for adoption. I can't imagine the joy & miracle of carrying your baby, feeling her grow, giving birth to her and giving her up because you know you can't care for her the way your baby needs. That is true love. I cry at times just thinking of all that sweet Li-Sywe went through. But she knew she was sick, she knew she couldn't take care of Lyndlee. There are tons of details that we keep just for Lyndlee and we want to keep those private for her. But it breaks my heart that Li-Sywe passed away and that Lyndlee won't be able to see her one day if she wants too. I remember that day so clearly when we got that email and my prayers have been for the Lord to give us the words to speak when that day comes to tell Lyndlee. And in my heart, I know Li-Sywe knew how sick she was and that was why she chose to have a C-Section, and that is why she chose to give Lyndlee a better life. I still pray that the Lord can open the doors for contact with Lyndlee's older sister and her grandparents in Taiwan. She looks so much like her sister, they are both so very beautiful. We pray for them, praying they can come to know our Lord as the One True King!

Not a day goes by where I don't think about sweet Ted and Bev. They chose us to be the parents of sweet baby Jya-Ying! They went through all the adoption steps, the court dates, took her to doctor appts, loved her, rocked her to sleep, changed her, took care of her, sang to her, and told her about Jesus. They chose to give up time with their own family, their own kids and grandkids because the Lord was calling them 42 years ago to Taiwan. The Lord called them to move to another country to take care of orphans and love them as their own. They are amazing people and we are so blessed to know them and have them in our lives. Bev says when she was little she wanted to give children to all the mommys that couldn't have children. And that is exactly what she is doing. They have blessed so many children and families throughout their years on ministry! And I can't think of them without thinking of all the people that work and serve at the Home in Taiwan, plus all the sweet interns they have that come to help!

You see, my sweet Lyndlee was blessed with 3 special women in her life. Li-Sywe carried her and loved her, and Mama Bev took care of her, sang Jesus Loves Me to her and loved her as her own. And now I get to be her mommy and raise her and love her.
I am blessed to have this sweet little brown eyed, brown skin, precious girl in my life.
I love you Lyndlee Jya-Ying and am so blessed to be your mommy!

And on another note, my little sister raised over $300 for the girls in Cambodia. She is buying the supplies we need on our trip which is just 30 days away. My sister rocks and I know her sweet friends, my mom and other sisters helped a ton too! Love you guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is absolutely beautiful!

I just found your blog tonight and wanted to direct you to The Sparrow Fund (www.sparrow-fund.org). We're actively looking for bloggers to post about who we are and what we're doing to get the word out to adoptive families. Let me know if you would be interested in helping!
Kelly