Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hope

We traveled to Lawrence to see Eddie graduating from KU Law School. We were so honored to be there. Lyndlee was so excited to show support for her big brother. Eddie has been such a great friend, and part of our family. He always is visiting, making the kids feel so loved and special. He was in one of our first youth ministries we served at 6 years ago. Lyndlee has always had such a strong bond with Eddie and Gavin did as well. Lyndlee was beaming as Eddie walked across the stage. She said his name loud and waved at him proudly. I was cherishing the moment but sad at the same time that she wouldn't have this with Gavin. But I was thankful that Eddie and his family let us share in this moment. We are so proud of you Eddie. Come visit soon, your sister is waiting!
For Mother's Day Brennan and Lyndlee got me a new tattoo, I love them and they get me. Its my constant reminder that though the days are hard and overwhelming at times, that we have hope. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19
This week has been hard and overwhelming; full of more firsts. This being the first Mother's Day without my sweet boy in my arms. This morning I spent time praying, crying out and just being quiet. I was not going to let the grief take over, but I thought I would stay in the house and in bed for the day but a dear friend encouraged that we come for lunch. I am so glad she did. It was a great afternoon basking in God's goodness and His creation. As we were riding four wheelers on their beautiful property, I whispered to my husband that our precious boy was seeing so much more beauty than what our eyes can even imagine! That does my heart good to remember. When I am sad and missing him, I constantly ask God to give me strength, to show love and mercy, and let me remember His goodness, to hold on to the Hope we have as an anchor for our souls. Firm.and.Secure.

No comments: