Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Monday, May 28, 2012

Celebrate Indeed

Ran my first 5K in honor of my sweet boy. Over 526 names were listed on the Lost and Found website for a balloon purchase. You purchase a balloon for your loved one that has passed, join others at the balloon release and could run/walk the race in their honor. It was such a great but emotional day. I didn't want to be running in Gavin's name, because I wanted him with me. But as I looked around at so many others missing their loved ones too, I realized we are not alone on this journey. It broke my heart seeing so many families there, so many running to honor their loved one that had passed. My best friend April ran with me. She pushed me and encouraged me the whole time. I know we did my dad proud as we quoted Scripture verses to each other the entire time. Funny as he wanted us to quote on those Bible Bowl trips so many years ago, and we always fought him. And that training so long ago helped us this day. And even though talking at the same time as running a 5K was hard, we recited God's word to each other. Thank you dad for pushing us though we fought. Seeing my family and loved ones was so uplifting and I could feel the prayers from so many. Thank you deeply. Seeing my little girl and my husband holding encouraging signs up for us as we ran by did my heart good.
That was followed by a day in Mansfield with April and Lyndlee. April and I decided to treat ourselves to turning 30; so we went to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum. Lyndlee thought all morning we were going to see dinosaurs but ended up loving all of it. She is a girl after our own hearts.
Days away now from Gavin's birthday. These last few days we have been going to White Water in the afternoons. Today Lyndlee was playing in the kid section and this little dark haired, dark eyes, and dark skin boy kept circling the park. Melted my heart as I just pictured it as Gavin. Brennan took the kids once last year while I was in Cambodia. So I got to ask him what Gavin thought of everything. He said his favorite part was when food was brought over to him! I love my boy and could picture him chowing down his food. This 3rd birthday for Gavin will be different. We won't be planning a party of what he would enjoy or ask for. Maybe we will eat a cake. Maybe there will be balloons. I know there will be sadness. So thankful for the week being busy for our family, a blessing from God. We will still celebrate Gavin. We will celebrate his life that he lived on this earth. We will celebrate his life with Jesus now. We will celebrate Jesus making a way. We will celebrate Heaven, Love, and Grace. We will celebrate indeed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wish we could have been there cheering you on, but we were from here!
Love you, friend.