Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Love Overtakes Them All

Sometimes listening to moms talk together is the hardest, especially when they are talking about their ornery boys.

You see I had one crazy ornery boy and I could share so many stories.

But now, it hurts too much to share, to listen and not be able to add in my stories. Maybe one day I will be able too again.

So if I step away, please forgive me. So many emotions are running through my head.

How often I would vent about Gavin listing all the naughty things he would do or sing loud his accomplishments for all to hear. I was so proud of my sweet boy and loved him with my whole heart. Each day I would text my husband of all the ornery things Gavin was doing that day. Almost each week I would call my sister Julie in tears mostly, because I needed advice or new time out methods. Often I would ask her, What do I do when I have Gavin in time out and he is laughing? How do I make him stay in bed during nap time? How to I keep him from climbing things or jumping off things during nap time? And she being the wonderful sister she is, would laugh and say good luck, because her little boy was that ornery too.

Hearing other moms talk about their hard times with their boys triggers so many emotions for me; sadness, jealousy, love, anger and aching.

I am sad my little boy isn't here, my human side kicks in and I get jealous of other moms being able to talk about their boys, anger slips in and I begin to question God's ways. Aching fills my heart and I long to just hold Gavin in my arms again.

But LOVE overtakes all these emotions.

A deep love for my special boy who God chose specifically for our family. Love for his huge grin and contagious laugh that would win every stranger over. Love for his sweet, loving and caring heart that so often would amaze me. Love for how his little life touched so many people in this world.

Love for my God who showed love to us all.
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might life through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

Love for Jesus my King who endured the cross, scorning its shame. Hebrews 12:2

He did not stay in the grave, death did not win, satan has no hold.
Don't be alarmed, he said. You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. Mark 16:6

Love for Jesus making a way for all of us and coming back one day to take us home.
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going. John 14:1-4

Love for Jesus making us new.
He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Revelation 21:5

So bear with me please if I step away. I truly love how moms can share and vent with one another, that is a blessing and needed.
Know I am praying for you as I know some days you just want to pull your hair out.
Know I pray also that you cherish each moment, even the hard ones that you have with your children.
Because sweet friends, this place is not our home. And we are not promised our next breath.
And one day we will all die, one day we will all be able to go home, one day we will be with our King Jesus!
One day soon we will all finally see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect words...I know my own experiences or words could cause those achings to swell up. Forgive me for careless moments.

Janna said...

Sweet Sunnie, no apologies needed. We are walking this road together. Love you friend.