Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Waiting

This morning at church I felt the waiting.

Those who have adopted know the word "wait". You wait for your children. You don't know how children will come into your life so you pray and wait. Then you get that glorious phone call and you wait some more until that day comes when you finally hold your sweet child in your arms. Amazing and worth all those months and years of waiting. I love how the waiting seems to disappear the moment you see your child face to face.

I distinctly remember the waiting time with both of my children.

In Gavin's waiting, I remember sitting in church and feeling the waiting to be with him, the waiting to hold him.

I remember the Holy Spirit filling me with peace. I felt close to Gavin knowing we both went to church and it made me smile. I remember thinking how awesome and big our God is that people all over the world are taking part in a church service, including my son in another country. I felt close to Gavin even though we were apart.

I remember the waiting when he had to have his heart surgery in Taiwan. I remember once again being in church, singing praise songs and thinking of my son in another country. And you know that peace filled my heart again as I knew his Papa Ted and Mama Bev were visiting him in the hospital, praying with him and singing praise songs over him. I felt close to Gavin even though we were apart.

And when we finally got to be with him, and when I saw him face to face; that waiting disappeared and was worth every moment.

And this waiting came again this morning. As we were singing songs about our Risen Lord, I stopped singing to listen. I wanted to take it all in. I could feel the waiting, it was too heavy, it collapsed me and tears were pouring. My heart aches for Gavin like all the times before. But when I worship, I know those are the times I am closest to my son because that is what my son is doing! We are praising the same Lord still! So I felt close to Gavin even though we are apart and I stopped to listen because I just wanted to hear heaven singing and praising with us, I could feel it but my ears longed to hear it. Oh to hear that sweet sound one day.

This waiting is hard and satan is a crafty deceiver. Every day this waiting takes my breath away and he tries to deceive and win. But every day Jesus fills my heart and I am reminded that this waiting is worth it. Jesus conquered the grave, death has no sting. We have the victory in Jesus.

And the moment I see my Jesus face to face and run to hold my little boy again, the waiting will disappear.
My eyes will be opened and I will see, and I will understand.

So for now I feel the heavy waiting. I rejoice in my Risen Lord. And I smile that my little sweet boy is safe in His arms.

Come Lord Jesus Come.


Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 130:5-6 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Titus 2:13 While we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Revelation 22:20 Yes I am coming soon. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We love you and keep thinking of you (our extended family) and praying for the waiting to be over for all of us!
P.S. Beck keeps coming to this page to see this pic and saying, "Bennan, Janna, Lyndlee, Gabin friend." We still remember our buddy!