Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Manna Every Day

Some days I don't know what to pray for.
Some days I don't understand this journey the Lord has us on.
Some days I don't understand all the changes that keep happening.

Today we made some changes in our house. Our house is such a blessing from the Lord and we are so thankful for a roof over our heads. It is a house full of love and wonderful memories; but also a house of pain, fear and tears.

When the fear and pain appear, we cling to God.
For He alone is our hope, an anchor for our souls, firm and secure.
Hebrews 6:19

Absolutely there are days when I feel like I am drowning in the pain and fear.
Today has been one of those days. I question and ask, why Lord, why my son?
I am thankful for God loving me through my whys and meeting me in my grief.
I am thankful He doesn't let me dwell long on them and encourages me with His everlasting love and His truths.
I am thankful for the Holy Spirit helping me in my weakness and keeping me keep afloat.
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Romans 8:26-27

I am reading the One Year Book of Hope. I wish I could have a day to talk with the author Nancy Guthrie. She is so real and gifted in her writings. She has watched two of her children die from Zellweger Syndrome. Her purpose in writing this and sharing her story is to give others a daily dose of truth and comfort. She describes in her losses that she needs "manna from heaven". Just like the Israelites were dependent on God to provide manna for them every day in the wilderness, she will depend on God to give her the manna she needs every day to sustain.
And I so completely agree.
I need Jesus everyday.
Only He gives me strength to keep me moving.
His truths provide the manna I need everyday to sustain me.

So some days I don't understand, some days I don't know how to move on, and I lack the words for what to pray for.
This I know is that He alone will sustain me. And He alone will satisfy me. And He alone will heal my emptiness and broken heart. He alone will be my manna every day.

No comments: