Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Great God

We serve a Great God who meets us in our needs, who carries our burdens daily, who loves us though we are a broken and flawed people. We serve a Great God who sent His very own Son Jesus to die for us.
He is strong and loving. He is our rock. He is our hope. He is our Savior. He is our Shepherd. He is our Father. He is all knowing. He is the bright Morning Star. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. He is our shield. He is our refuge. He is our fortress. He is forgiving. He is good. He is great. He alone is God. He is forever.

Gavin's passing has been so hard. I did not chose this way, I did not want our life to look like this. I did not want to say goodbye to my baby boy.
But then I think, this Great Wonderful God we serve, knows our grief and is meeting us in our grief. And something I cannot grasp at times, is that He chose to send His own Son to die for us. He chose to sacrifice His own Son so that we could live with Him always. Jesus chose to leave Heaven and His Father. He chose to do the Father's will. He chose to die on the cross for us, the broken and flawed people. He made a way, He closed the gap.

He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him!
1 Thessalonians 4:10

Yesterday was our Gavin's Gotcha Day. I never thought we would be celebrating the day without him here. It was a hard day but had great moments given from our Great God.
My Gavin is with our Great God. He welcomed Gavin home and has provided for him, and He is comforting us in our loss and providing for us here.
And while He is doing all these things for us, He is doing loving things for others all over the world.
And that makes me fall at His feet in awe, in wonder, in love, in worship.
What a Great God we serve!
So I will keep serving Him, loving Him, walking with Him, and trusting Him.

For the Lord is good and His loves endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Oh Janna, my heart breaks for you and your sweet family. Every time I think about you or see you post I always pray that God will meet your needs and wrap His strong and mighty arms around you. I can't even begin to imagine the emotions you are carrying...but our Great God does. We will never understand His reasoning and ways on this side of heaven, but in the meantime, I pray for comfort, peace, rest and joy in this life as you wait to be reunited with your handsome boy someday.