Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Monday, December 5, 2011

Different Now yet He is the Same

We are so different now. So many changes have happened in our little family. We are so different, yet Jesus is the same.

We are missing our sweet Gavin every single day, every single moment; but we rest in the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ. Titus 2:13

Though we cannot see our son, we know where our son is, who he dwells with and Whose name is on his forehead. We believe he is learning a new song and is with the Lamb wherever He goes. Revelation 14:1-4

We believe that one day Jesus will return for us all, that we will be caught up together with Gavin in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And we will be with the Lord forever! 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

satan is cruel, wicked and crafty in his schemes. he wants to use our fears, our weaknesses, our son's death to win.

But dear friends, Jesus has mastered death and therefore satan has nothing on us!
satan is cursed and is crawling on his belly all the days of his life. Jesus has already crushed his head! Genesis 3:14-15
Jesus already defeated satan in death when He rose from the grave! Luke 24:6
God gives us the shield of faith to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16

You see, we are battling a defeated foe. (David Platt)

John 14:15-17
If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father to give you another Counselor to be with you forever-the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you!

Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear, though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.

So we are different now. We look different and we may act different at times.

But Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever! Hebrews 13:8

2 comments:

dawn said...

Hi Janna, I just came across your blog and have read some of your story. My son in is preschool with your daughter. I just wanted to thank your for sharing your heart with others. What an amazing testimony you have to God's lovingkindness on your journey. I look forward to reading more and learning through you.

Janna said...

Thank you Dawn, you are so kind. Your smiling face is so helpful on preschool day drop off for Lyndlee! Hope to run into you more often.