Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lyndlee and I found these at Target Dollar spot. They had all these different things you could use and we couldn't believe how perfect each was for our sweet family. Brennan loves cooking and feeds us so well. Brennan and Lyndlee like when I have my hair in pigtails. Lyndlee is the princess in love with horses. And Gavin and balloons are a perfect match.
Brennan is gone this weekend taking college kids camping. So Lyndlee and I have been missing him and Gavin deeply but making the most of these days. Its the weekend for princess time, craft making, and a lunch date to Tea Garden Restaurant. Only my daughter would get more excited over the plastic around the chocolate dessert. She asked if she could take it home and said she had a great idea for it. She made it into a craft. Only my daughter.
God is faithful friends. It seems like on the days when it just seems to be too much or I have reached my limits, He is there or sends a friend. My mom or a close friend will call and just really pour into my life. It is such medicine for my soul. Thank you friends for encouraging me and I pray I am in turn encouraging you and pouring into your lives. Today I volunteered in the three year old class at church. God is doing some things that I don't quite understand. I asked to help and this was the room that needed help. I want to be obedient and listen to His call. I was hesitant to go but my sweet girl encouraged me this morning with her smile and kindness. We put on our shoes, Lyndlee putting on her fancy Leanne shoes, and walked out of the house in faith; trusting in God's goodness, love and mercy. Being in the three's room, seeing these sweet kids and thinking of my Gavin being three yes broke my heart but I also see it did my heart good. These were beautiful creations of the Father that I got to spend just a few moments with. I stayed though at times I wanted to walk away. I played with the kids. And even when a sweet little Asian boy walked in and it nearly knocked me off my feet, I still stayed. Volunteering in that room may not be the best fit for me and that is okay. This week I am helping at a local preschool in the three year old room. Again I don't know what God is doing but I am excited to see what unfolds. Perhaps maybe this is to heal my heart more, to let me love on these sweet kids and let me think of my sweet boy at the same time.
School for Lyndlee has been such a great time. She doesn't cry when we leave her. She has met a good friend that lives just a few houses down from our house. They look for each other in the morning at recess and are so sweet. And every craft she brings home you better believe she tapes it on her wall. I love my crafty girl.

No comments: