Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Heaven Home

Home. Yesterday we closed on a house we used to call home. And while I was excited and praising God for providing buyers, I was heartbroken too. I envisioned watching both of my sweet children growing up in that house. I loved seeing my husband walk in from work and the kids tackling him. I had these plans for our life. But they were not what the Lord planned. And I have learned through this past year that His ways are not like my ways, and His thoughts not like my thoughts. His ways and thoughts are higher, though at times I do not understand. Today I struggle to call anything home and I believe that is okay. Because I love my family. I love where God has us serving. I love Real Life Church. I love the beauty of California that brings joy to my soul, and the sweetness of the new people God is putting in our lives. I love my close friends and family that just get me and know when I need to talk everything out and have a good long cry. I love to walk my sweet tiny princess to school and pick her up each day. I love seeing her excitement when her daddy walks in the door from work. I love seeing my husband pour his heart out for the Kingdom work God has set before him. And I love I get to hold his hand and be his wife. I love that God brought Gavin into our lives and now my sweet baby boy is in the arms of Jesus. I love the goodness God is pouring onto us each day. I love the hope He gives us as an anchor for our souls. I love how He loves me and desires me even through my questions and my wandering. The lesson God wants me to grasp is this place is not our home. Gavin is home and so many others that have gone before us are finally home. They are home with Jesus and that gets to be our home as well one day. And that is our home, our heaven home. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await our Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21

No comments: