Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Sunday, July 1, 2012

His Lists, His Plans

I used to plan. I used to look at my calendar. Being a minister's wife, I had to have a schedule. I had to schedule our youth events, our hectic life and make sure things wouldn't run together. I would control everything. I made lists for everything. I made groceries lists, cleaning lists, menu lists, lists for the kids, lists for my husband and lists for me each day. I loved lists and I loved to plan. But those days are gone. I have tried so long to plan my life, to know what each day will bring. And what I have realized over the last year is that I have no control and that is for the best. I can't control what each day will bring. Lists today don't help me, they stress me out. I am living in the freedom of going by God's will and plans for my days. This may cause our family to not know where we are supposed to be and we might even be late to things. But we know Who is in control. He has a plan, He has a purpose. And we will follow and obey. In 29 days our family will be on another adventure to California to be apart of God's work at Real Life Church. It is nothing we planned for or put on a list. We will be going by the plans God has laid out for us and that the Holy Spirit laid on our hearts. And this is refreshing and exciting. We had our dreams laid out for our family of four and the plans set. But we have had to let those dreams die each day. It is so very hard but we will keep trusting in His unfailing love and goodness. So soon my family and I will be packing all our belongings in a truck and saying goodbye to the house we knew and loved our family of four in. It will be hard as this house was where we watched our children grow, where we laughed and loved and had so many awesome memories. But this is also the house full of sadness where we watched our son die, where we said goodbye, where satan keeps trying to take his evil hold. It will be hard to say goodbye to so many family and friends that have loved us and walked this journey of grief with us. But to me, it isn't a goodbye. We had to say goodbye to our son and that has been so hard. This is simply see you later. This is, we love you and will always be apart of your lives no matter where God takes us. This is, see you soon. So this move is filled with every emotion possible for our family. We covet your prayers. You are all blessings to our lives. We thank you and love each of you. See you soon.

3 comments:

danielle :) said...

I am amazed by your ABSOLUTE trust in our great God. Excited to see how He uses you and what He's teaching you along this journey. I don't know the feelings that go with this but I see the grace & trust & bravery you've shown and it really truly inspires those around you. I know He will use that as you travel with your family into another unknown. I, myself, am excited to have another family here in SoCal. Praying for you, dear friend. I am quite excited to finally meet you guys in person! LOVE you!

Alana said...

We are so sad to see you go, but when I heard that details I could not help but think it is the perfect fit for Brennan...and for you and Lyndlee as well, I know! Blessings and peace to you, my friend.

Edith Keady said...

It is with a sad heart that you will soon be leaving us, but at the same time I am happy for the opportunity for you to serve in a new location of God's choice. We will miss you deeply. Oh, how I have missed Gavin's big smile every Sunday when we set out the donuts.