Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Saturday, November 3, 2012

He is our Home and Everything

When will heaven come?

I can't remember what my brother looks like.

I don't want to sleep in my bedroom alone.

This is dinner time at our house and I hate it sometimes.  I hate hearing how broken my daughter is, seeing the sadness in my husband's eyes when these quiet things are said, seeing her deep ache in missing her sweet brother and hearing her simple question of when, that we can't answer.

But I love it in the same breath, because nowadays we talk about things that truly matter.
We talk about heaven because it is our home.  We talk about seeing Jesus face to face because He is everything.  We talk about loving God and loving people because that is what God wants of us.
We talk about Gavin being more than okay now because his every need is met.

Tomorrow I am running a race.
And this race I still question God and ask Him on occasions, why are we on this life race Lord?
Tomorrow I am tackling 13.1 miles Lord willing because my son taught me to run.
Tomorrow I will simply run to run the race God has written for my family and I.
I will run to thank God for the three children He has placed into our family.
I will run because tomorrow is orphan sunday and we all can play a part in taking care of and loving orphans.
I will run and keep running because heaven is our home and Jesus is everything.



No comments: