Matthew 22:37-39

Matthew 22:37-39

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gotcha Day!




Well, today is Lyndlee's Gotcha Day!  This day last year was when we received our phone call from Papa Ted in Taiwan, saying he had a baby girl named Jya-Ying just for us!  I remember that night like it was yesterday, seeing that familiar long phone number on my cell phone, giving the phone to Brennan because I already started crying, and then watching his face as he heard about our daughter for the first time!  Papa Ted than asked if I wanted to speak to Mama Bev about Lyndlee but I couldn't speak, no words would come out, so I had to call back the next night!   I remember all the phone calls I made to family that night, waking most up, telling them our baby was finally here.  After years of trying to get pregnant, after about a year and a half on a waiting list for our adoption, the time had finally come!  I remember calling my best friend April and talking about I was a whale for sure, only April will get that one!!  
We celebrated the day by going to Cracker Barrel because Lyndlee LOVES the mac & cheese from there.  I wish I would have had my camera there because her entire face, the high chair, the table, her cup were covered in cheese, I mean covered.  She would not stop eating and kept saying yum, I think she ate about half of mine!   
The pictures are from the park.  There was a little girl swinging by her, so she kept pointing, smiling and talking to her.  She is so friendly everywhere we go!  
What a joy Lyndlee is!  We are so glad she is in our life, praise the Lord.  The next celebration we will be doing will be August 22nd, the day we finally met our Lyndlee & held her for the very first time.  
We hope you are all doing well, we love & miss you all.
Have a great day in the Lord!

No comments: